Cockroaches inside a house are problematic due to various reasons. They are not only responsible for spreading diseases but are also an indication of dirt and presence of clutter inside a house.
Further, if not treated, they hang around for years thus damaging the internal property. Calling the professional exterminator services in Melbourne helps you get rid of them but there are some home remedies too that can help you get rid of cockroaches.
Lemon is one of the most common ingredients of most of the food items and is also used for cleaning. It is used throughout the world as one of the most popular household cleaners and its smell is often associated with a clean and odour-free home. Lemon juice is not only a powerful agent that helps down cutting the stains of grease and stains but also has strong anti-pathogenic properties. Yes, right!
It has a powerful ability to repel cockroaches but most of us are not aware about its repellent properties. Here is how you can use lemon to Cockroaches Control in Melbourne:
- Take lemons and extract out its juice and fill it inside spray bottle. Spray it at places of infestation and other hard to reach areas.
- Lemon peels also do wonders. After extracting out all the juice, place the peels directly at the places of infestation, and see the results.
- The peels can be dried. Make a fine powder out of it and place it at the place of infestation. Powdered peels also repels the cockroaches effectively.
- Take some freshly extracted lemon juice or bottled one and add it to bucket. Add some water, make sure that it does not gets diluted and the smell of lemon is still strong. Now take a towel, dip it inside lemon water and wipe everything kitchen countertops, floor etc. This also helps to repel the Cockroach Pest Control in an efficient manner.
- Soak a sponge with lemon water extracted from lemons that has been steeped overnight. Now place the sponge at the places of infestation or wipe the area/areas that are infested heavily.
- Cut lemons into two pieces and put it inside boiling water, allow the water to boil along with lemons till it reduces to quarter. Now place this water at the places of infestation. It can also be used to wipe the areas having cockroaches, works well as repellent.
- If there are eggs or miniature cockroaches seen inside closet, crevices of the windows or cracks etc. Then squeeze some lemon juice directly on them. It shall remove the cockroaches instantly.
- Other than this bay leaves, garlic, catnip, and mint are effective for repelling cockroaches. Bay leaves, mint leaves and garlic can be used as such, catnip leaves required to be soaked in hot water. The water can be sprayed later on.
Other than this borax, baking soda, dish detergent, and petroleum jelly can also be used to kill these pests. One thing that should be kept in mind before adopting any of the remedies is that use that remedy that suits your house environment.